Lemon namelaka cream also called white chocolate and lemon cream is a light, no-eggs whipped cream that is sweet but slightly sour and delicate. It has become very popular in modern pastry recipes but is also used in more traditional way to fill cakes, pies and tartlets, cream puffs and éclairs but also to decorate cream tarts and cupcakes. It is a smooth and velvety cream, soft enough to be used with the piping bag but delicate and light enough to turn into a dessert. In addition to being egg-free it is also gluten-free, which makes it perfect for those who suffer food intolerances or allergies. Its bold lemon flavor makes it perfect to be combined with very sweet shortbreads and to create desserts with fresh fruit.
White chocolate lemon namelaka cream
- 200 g good quality white chocolate
- 3-4 g gelatine sheets (use 3 g if you need to use this cream as a dessert not a filling or frosting)
- 120 ml milk
- 240 ml cold whipping cream
- 70 ml lemon juice
- 1 lemon – only the zest
Instructions white chocolate lemon namelaka cream
- For the lemon namelaka cream I used Gianluca Fusto's recipe. I recommend making this cream the night before decorating your cakes as it needs time to set.
- Soak the gelatine sheets in cold water for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate in over water bath. Heat your milk almost to a boiling point, turn off the heat, wait a minute and add squeezed gelatine. Mix well. Using the immersion blender, gradually blend the melted white chocolate with hot milk.
- Add cold whipping cream and blend again. Finally add filtered lemon juice and the lemon zest. Blend again until everything becomes smooth. Cover the container with a plastic wrap and put the lemon nemalaka in the refrigerator until it becomes firm, for at least 8 hours or, better, overnight.
- If you intend to use the cream immediately in the silicone mould or to fill a tart shell you have to pass it several times through a fine sieve to eliminate air bubbles. Otherwise, the next morning, use the blender or whisk to make it more fluid then put in a piping bag.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the fridge and use within 2 days.
lot of love. B.