This amazing whipped frosting uses Italian mascarpone cheese, condensed milk, whipped cream and an instant strawberry jam. Adding this quick jam, that uses potato starch as the thickener, allows you to create a stable and easy cream that is perfect to be used with piping bag. In addition, this cream maintains a rich and fresh strawberry flavor which makes it suitable for filling and decorating sponge cakes, cream tarts and cupcakes. You can also use it simply as a part of the dessert as it is a very easy and quick to prepare, delicious and above all it requires no eggs.
Whipped mascarpone and strawberry cream
Quick strawberry jam
- 250 g strawberries
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 30 ml of water
Whipped mascarpone cream
- 300 g cold mascarpone cheese
- 150 ml cold whipping cream
- 100 g condensed milk
Quick strawberry jam instructions
- Wash and pat dry your strawberries. Remove the leaves and slice into 4. Place in a saucepan with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Stir, cover the pot and turn on the flame.
- Cook with the pot covered until the strawberries release their juice. Now remove the lid, add a tablespoon of lemon juice and mix. Cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- In a small glass, mix well 30 ml of water with a spoon of potato starch. Combine the prepared strawberry mix with the starch and mix quickly. The fruit jam should thicken right away. Turn off the heat and stir a little more to avoid creating lumps. Pour the prepared jam into a container and put aside to let it cool completely.
Instructions whipped mascarpone and strawberry cream
- Whip the cold whipped cream and set aside.
- With the electric whisk, whip the mascarpone with the condensed milk until the ingredients blend and the cream becomes more compact.
- Now add the whipped cream to the mascarpone mix and gently incorporate it with a spoon.
- Finally add the now cold strawberry jam. Incorporate it slowly using a whisk or a spoon.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Always keep it at low temperatures until you decide to use it with the piping bag or as a dessert.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for an idea to use this cream check out my Molly and Pavlova cake with Camy cream and fruit (photo below).