This vanilla mousse cream is soft and delicate, not too sweet and with a distinct milky scent and aftertaste. It is velvety and simple to make. You can use it to fill or decorate pies, cupcakes and choux pastry or to make small desserts. Absolutely try it with crumbled cookies and fresh seasonal fruit such as strawberries or peaches.
Vanilla mouse cream
- 500 ml whipping cream
- 1 vanilla bean or 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 40 g white sugar
- 3 small or 2 large yolks
- 1 tbsp potato starch
Instructions Vanilla mouse cream
- In a small saucepan, pour the whipping cream. Combine the seeds from a vanilla pod or 2 teaspoons of good quality vanilla extract. Turn on the heat and slowly bring to almost boiling point. Turn off the heat and let sit to reinforce the vanilla flavor for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix using a hand whisk the potato starch with white sugar and the egg yolks. Pour the mixture into the warm milk and mix thoroughly. Turn on the heat and, stirring constantly, thicken the cream over medium-low heat.
- The cream will have a thick but still runny consistency. Pour it into a bowl and let it cool at room temperature. Now place it in the refrigerator, covered, for at least 2 hours.
- After this time, whip it with an electric whisk, first at low speed.
- Raise the mixer speed until you get a thick but light but fluffy mousse cream.
- Place it in the refrigerator and use as a dessert or as a filling for your cakes and pies.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Recipe inspired by Easy Vanilla Mousse Cups.
Store in the refrigerator and eat within a couple of days. This cream should not be frozen.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other delicious cream to fill and decorate your cakes check my Nutella and mascarpone frosting for cakes and cupcakes or White chocolate and lemon namelaka cream (photo below).