This Nutella and mascarpone frosting is perfect for filling and decorating chocolate birthday cakes, pies and cupcakes. It is a very simple and quick cream to prepare as it can be prepared in just 5 minutes and with only 3 ingredients. It is soft and delicate thanks to the use of whipped cream and without eggs. Use it to fill sponge cakes or to decorate various types of cakes and sweets using a piping bag. It is also excellent as a simple dessert.
Nutella and mascarpone frosting for cakes and cupcakes
- 500 g cold mascarpone cheese
- 250 ml cold whipping cream (at least 6 hours in the refrigerator)
- 200 g Nutella
Instructions Nutella and mascarpone frosting for cakes and cupcakes
- For this recipe, the mascarpone and whipped cream must be very cold. Whipping cream must rest in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours before use otherwise it will not whip well.
- Place the cream and mascarpone in a bowl. Whip with whisk on medium-high speed until all ingredients are blended.
- The cream will go from a rather liquid state to a thick and whipped form. Don't whip it for too long because it could create lumps. When the cream is whipped but smooth, turn off the mixer.
- Now change the whisks of the mixer and put the spiral ones to mix. If you don't have that type of whisk available, you can simply use a spoon or a silicone spatula. Add the Nutella and mix slowly until all the ingredients are well blended.
- I recommend letting the cream rest for at least 30 minutes in the fridge to make it firmer and more compact. Once you decide to use it, transfer it to the piping bag or use it as you like to decorate your birthday cake.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the refrigerator and eat within 3 days.
lot of love. B.