Since you really like the classic vanilla version of Molly cake, I decided to prepare this whipped cream soft cake base in a chocolate version. For all those who do not know this cake, it is a very soft base, a sort of sponge cake, with whipped cream in the batter. The idea comes from the brilliant mind of a cake designer Eleonora Coppini.
The cake is perfect to be filled or decorated with different types of frostings or butter creams or to be covered with fondant. Soft and delicate, this cake is almost entirely flat and does not crumble. It is a cake without butter and without oil but with the whipped cream that guarantees the right need for fat in the batter.
Chocolate Molly cake – whipped cream soft cake
- 220 g all-purpose flour
- 30 g dark cocoa powder
- 250 g white sugar
- 250 g cold whipping cream
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 8 g baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
Instructions chocolate Molly cake – whipped cream soft cake
- To prepare the Molly cake I used a pan of 20 cm wide and 15 cm high. If you intend to prepare larger cakes you will have to increase the ingredients. Grease and lightly flour the edges of the pan. Cut out a circle of parchment paper and line the bottom.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar for 15 minutes until they become very light and frothy and double in volume.
- Add sifted flour, baking powser, dark cocoa powder. Also add the vanilla extract and mix everything briefly with the mixer.
- In the second bowl, whip the cream and then gently incorporate it into the dough with slow movements from the bottom to the top.
Note from the author of this recipe
- While you are preparing your chocolate cake I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be delighted and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Cake with whipped cream in the batter – baking time
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake in a preheated static oven at 160 ° C for about 1 hour. Bake until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. You can start checking if it is done after about 45 – 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down for 10 minutes. Now take the cake out of the pan and flip it over a cooling rack to lower any raised surface. Let it cool completely before cutting it.
You can store this cake at room temperature. Wrap it completely with plastic wrap once it has cooled down. In this way it does not become dry and is ready to be decorated even several hours later.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like this chocolate recipe, check out my Hot water chocolate cake (photo below).