Have you ever wondered how to make the best, delicious, sweet and sticky icing found on cinnamon roll or American cakes? To prepare the traditional and soft cinnamon you need to cover them with a delicious icing prepared with the cream cheese for example Philadelphia cream cheese. Its flavor is sweet but at the same time with a slightly salty thanks to the use of cheese that goes so very well with many desserts and helps not to make them boring.
This creamy glaze is made with just 3 ingredients and is ready in minutes. Turn your cinnamon rolls, cakes, poundcakes and muffins into treats where finger licking is mandatory! This glaze makes every bite absolutely amazing! Once you learn how to do it, you won’t be able to bake without it.
Best cinnamon roll icing
- 120 g cream cheese I used Philadelphia
- 3 or less tablespoons of milk
- 100 g or less powdered sugar
Instructions best cinnamon roll icing
- In a bowl, combine milk, cream cheese and powdered sugar. I recommend adding gradually the sugar and tasting the glaze. Adjust to make it more or less sweet.
- Stir very well to mix the ingredients. If you want your glaze more liquid, add more liquid. On the contrary, if you want it thicker, limit the use of milk.
- Now I would like to make a point. I made this glaze several times by gradually putting ingredients and mixing them slowly, I used the immersion blender, I used spoons, whisks, or silicone spoons. Each time, due to the consistency of the cheese, I got lumps. I have come to the conclusion that the simplest way and with fewer tools to clean afterwards is to simply mix all the ingredients with a spoon and then pass the glaze through a sieve. In this way the glaze becomes perfectly creamy and without lumps.
- You can keep your icing in the refrigerator for several hours before using it. The important thing is that you keep it in a closed container. Once you need it, pour it over your cake and spread with a spoon or brush.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like this basic recipe, try using it with this Pound cake (photo below).
Note from the author of this recipe
While you are preparing your glaze I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be delighted and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^