We all know classic summer Italian caprese salad with tomato, basil and mozzarella but have you ever thought of adding peach and garnishing everything with a fresh sauce? I assure you that the combination of sweet, salty and sour is really successful. This version of caprese garnished with a delicious basil and mint sauce is fresh and light. Perfect for hot summer days when we can use sweet and soft seasonal peaches along with juicy and flavourful tomatoes.
Summer peach and tomato caprese salad with basil sauce
- 2 ripe peaches
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 large mozzarella
- 1 cup basil leaves
- ¼ cup of mint leaves
- 1 organic lemon (the zest)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp honey
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
Instructions summer peach and tomato caprese salad with basil sauce
- Cut the mozzarella into slices or tear it into smaller pieces and let them drain on a sieve so that it loses excess water.
- Rinse the tomatoes and cut them into thick slices. Cut the peaches in half. Remove the stone and divide into smaller slices.
- Arrange the tomatoes, peach slices and mozzarella pieces on a serving plate, overlapping them, to create a messy but inviting dish. Meanwhile, proceed to prepare the sauce.
- In a blender equipped with blades, place a cup of basil leaves, a quarter cup of mint leaves and lemon zest from one lemon. Add two tablespoons of lemon juice, half a teaspoon of honey (it will break the acidity). Also add half a teaspoon of salt and 60 ml of extra virgin olive oil. Blend everything until the sauce becomes smooth. Taste and adjust with more salt or honey or add more olive oil for a more liquid sauce.
- Dress your caprese salad with the prepared sauce. Complete with basil leaves for decoration and serve.
Store in the refrigerator and eat within a day.
lot os love. B.
p.s. If you like light and tasty salads, check my Avocado, mozzarella and tomato salad with pesto dressing (photo below).