Asparagus and potato salad topped with lemon and honey dressing is a delicious and simple spring side dish. A light salad that combines the freshness of arugula, baby spinach and asparagus with the crunchiness of walnuts (or almonds) and the yumminess of potatoes. You need few ingredients to prepare it but it guarantees a healthy and tasty vegetable side dish. Try it with both young potatoes or baked potatoes.
Spring potato and asparagus salad
Insalata di asparagi e patate
- 2-3 handful rocket salad
- 2-3 handful baby spinach
- 300 g small potatos or baby potatos
- 10 small asparagus
- coarsely chopped walnuts or almonds
Salsa limone e miele
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ lemon (only the juice)
- 1 tbsp honey
- a few pieces of spring onion (the green part) (optional)
- ¼ tsp of ground cumin or ground coriander (optional)
Instructions Spring potato and asparagus salad
- Wash your potatoes and cook them with thei skins on in plenty of salted water until they become tender. Drain and let cool, then if necessary remove the skin and divide into smaller pieces.
- Mix 2-3 handfuls of baby spinach with arugula and divide over serving plates. Add the potato pieces and the coarsely chopped walnuts or almonds. Wash the asparagus and remove the tough parts. Take a very sharp knife or a potato peeler and cut out long thin strips out of your asparagus. Add the strips of asparagus together with their tips to your salad.
- To prepare the sauce, blend all the ingredients in a small blender. Taste and adjust with more lemon juice or honey if necessary.
- Garnish your potato and asparagus salad with the prepared sauce and serve.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Eat within a day.
lot of love. B.