These zucchini with soy sauce and fresh ginger is an easy, quick, and super flavored vegetarian side dish. The zucchinis are roasted in a pan and then garnished with a delicious sweet and sour sauce made of soy sauce, fresh ginger, garlic, chili flakes, vinegar and some honey. This sauce in contact with hot zucchini fills them with a rich, slightly caramelized and spicy flavour. Also absolutely worth trying cold with vegetarian bagels and toast with cheese.
Soy sauce and ginger zucchini
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 piece of ginger (about 2 cm long)
- chili flakes or chili powder to taste
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- parsley leaves and sesame seeds for garnish
Soy sauce and ginger zucchini instructions
- In a non-stick pan, heat a generous tablespoon of olive oil. Add the zucchini cut into strips. Now you just have to wait to make them roasted. Do not stir them as they will release water and become mushy but wait so that they become well colored on one side. Once they become golden brown, stir and proceed in the same way on other sides.
- While your zucchini are cooking, prepare the sauce. Mix soy sauce with apple cider vinegar and a generous teaspoon of honey. To make this recipe vegan, replace the honey with agave syrup, maple syrup or just sugar.Add the chilli pepper flakes to taste, a minced clove of garlic and a piece of peeled and chopped fresh ginger.
- When your zucchini become golden on all sides, add the prepared sauce. Stir quickly and continue cooking for another 2 minutes. The sauce should thicken slightly and caramelize. Place your zucchini on a plate and serve garnished with chopped parsley and sesame seeds.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store refrigerator and east within a couple of days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other delicious recipe with zucchini check my Raw zucchini salad – easy marinated side dish (photo below) or Roasted zucchini with Parmesan crust and spices (photo below).