These roasted potatoes and mushrooms with soy sauce are an easy, quick and flavourful side dish. Perfect to be prepared in all seasons as a hot and also cold side dish. You can use all types of mushrooms: champignons, pleurotus, porcini and so on. I used champignons but the choice is yours. This side dish is spiced with a mix of extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme. The use of apple cider vinegar adds a vibrant note to both mushrooms and potatoes. The finishing touch is the soy sauce which pairs perfectly with both mushrooms and potatoes while adding deep and intense flavor. Use this simple side dish to combine with vegetable stews, grilled vegetables, fish and meat main courses.
Roasted potatoes and mushrooms with soy sauce
- 600 g potatoes
- 600 g champignon mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of dry rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon or more of soy sauce
- chopped parsley
Instructions roasted potatoes and mushrooms with soy sauce
- Boil a pot of water with a salt. Meanwhile, peel your potatoes and divide them into wedges. As soon as the water boils, add the potatoes and boil them for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Clean your mushrooms. Cut off the stems and clean the heads of any soil residues with kitchen paper. I recommend, the mushrooms should not be rinsed. Mushrooms are sponges that absorb water and then become tasteless during cooking.
- Once cleaned, divide the mushrooms in half if they are medium, in quarters if they are large and do not divide the small ones.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil with a teaspoon of dry thyme, a half teaspoon of dry rosemary and a half teaspoon of salt. Add a tablespoon of apple vinegar or white wine vinegar and pepper to taste.
- Place the mushrooms in a large bowl. Add your mix of oil and spices and toss to cover everything well.
- Place mushroom and potato mix onto a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 220 ° C for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are completely cooked and lightly roasted.
- Remove from the oven and place them in a serving bowl. Before serving, add a generous spoonful of soy sauce and chopped parsley. Mix well and serve immediately or even as a cold side dish.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like delicious recipes with potatoes I would also recommend my Easy vegetarian potato cutlets (photo below).