There are not a lot of fresh vegetables available in the winter so often I invent some salads with veggies thet are available throughout the whole year, for example this delicious grated carrot salad. Its simplicity is disarming and the taste is very good thanks to the addition of a savory sauce. The sauce is a delicious mix of kefir (or yogurt), Dijon mustard, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Few ingredients and lot of flavor.
Grated carrot salad with kefir Dijon sauce
- 2 big carrots
- chopped parsley leaves to taste me about 1 tbsp frozen parsley
- 2 tbsp kefir or butter milk or plain yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- chili powder or chili pepper flakes to taste
Instructions grated carrot salad
- Wash and peel your carrots (if they are fresh Spring carrots, just wash them very well). Grate them with a grater with large holes or use the one that cuts them into julienne strips. Add minced parsley and stir.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing kefir (or plain yogurt), Dijon mustard, one tablespoon of mayo, lemon juice. Taste and adjust by adding more Dijon mustard for more salty taste and more hot pepper flakes for the spice.
- Season your grated carrot salad with the prepared sauce and serve, otherwise stored in the refrigerator and serve on the same day.
lot. of love. B.
p.s. If you liked this recipe maybe you shoul also try my: Fresh salad with chickpeas and sun-dried tomatoes