Endive salad with oranges and walnuts is a light but very tasty vegetable side dish. The crunchy endive leaves are garnished with orange pulp, walnut kernels and pieces of Parmesan cheese. Everything is served with a super quick and simple sauce prepared with mustard and honey which adds a note of stronger flavor but which goes perfectly with this winter salad. It is a fresh and light but at the same time very tasty salad.
Endive salad with oranges and walnuts
- 2 small tufts of endive
- 1 big orange
- 1 handful walnut kernels
- Parmesan cheese slices to taste
- 1 small piece of leek (about 3 cm) (only the white part)
- 1 tsp mustard (dijon or normal)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or wine vinegar
Instructions endive salad with oranges and walnuts
- In a small cup mix mustard, honey, oil and vinegar. Taste and add more mustard or honey if needed. Set aside.
- Take the endive and remove any bruised outer leaves. Cut away the slightly harder base. Divide into many individual leaves. If they are too big, break them in half along the length. Arrange the leaves on the salad plate.
- Peel the orange by removing the white skin around the segments, then slice it thinly or, if you prefer, peel the orange and remove the skin segment by segment, cutting it again into small pieces. Add the orange to the endive together with the pieces of walnuts, thin slices of Parmesan and, if you like, a few slices of leek. Decorate the salad with the prepared sauce and serve.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the fridge and eat within a day.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like simple vegetable side dishes, check my recipe for Honey and lemon glazed carrots (photo below) or Oven roasted potatoes, carrots and zucchini with spieces (photo below).