This rice and raw vegetable salad is a vegetarian option for a quick and healthy lunch or an easy and fun idea for a salad to take with you to work inside your lunch box. It is also a simple and light meal during an outdoor trip or to take to the beach. The rice is seasoned with vinegar, sugar and salt which makes it flavorful and fresh. Several raw vegetables, a few circles of cheese and mint leaves, basil and parsley go well with each other and create a light but flavorful lunch. Serve with your personal touch by adding sauces of your choice and some delicious toppoing to your liking. I add a handful of peanuts or almonds, canned corn and soy sauce.
Easy and fun lunch box rice salad
- 100 g uncooked rice
- ½-1 tbsp rice vinegar or apple-cider vinegar
- ½ tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- cherry tomatoes
- cheese slices
- mint basil and parsley leaves
- topping to your liking: sesame seeds, almonds, peanuts, legumes, sauces
Instructions easy and fun lunch box rice salad
- Wash your rice in cold water. Drain and cook in abundant salted water following the instructions on the box.
- Mix vinegar with sugar and salt. As soon as the rice is warm, add the prepared sauce and mix well. Set aside to cool completely.
- While the rice cools, prepare the circles of cheese and vegetables. Peel the carrots and cut all the vegetables into thin slices. Use a metal nozzle that is used with the piping bag to cut out similar circles using the slices of cucumber and cheese. Place the rice into your lunch box and decorate with sliced veggies. Garnish with fresh basil, mint and parsley leaves. If you like, you can add more salt, a drizzle of raw oil or toppings to your liking.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the fridge and eat within a day.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other tasty ideas for your lunch box check out my recipe for Chickpea and sun-dried tomato lunch box salad (photo below) and Chickpea salad with avocado dressing (photo below).