This cucumber salad with mint and parsley sauce is one of those recipes that you can prepare in 5 minutes and it is a super fresh, easy and healthy side dish. The cucumbers cut thinly into strips and then garnished with simple sauce with vinegar, olive oil and fresh mint and parsley. To give it some extra crunchiness I added almonds and pieces of toasted croutons but you can get more creative and add nuts, olives, other types of vegetables. This summer salad is perfect for hot days as it is very refreshing and light.
Cucumber salad with mint and parsley sauce
- 400 g cucumber
- almonds and croutons for garnish
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 2 handful parsley leaves
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- ¼ tsp sugar
Cucumber salad with mint and parsley sauce instructions
- Take fresh cucumbers and if the skin is too hard, peel them and then cut off the tips. Now with a potato peeler, a mandolin cutter or a very sharp knife, cut out many very thin and light slices.
- Prepare the sauce by blending olive oil with balsamic vinegar, salt, sugar and a small clove of garlic. Add mint and parsley leaves and blend again until the sauce is smooth and bright green. Taste and adjust with more salt or vinegar if necessary.
- Place each strip of cucumber on a serving plate. Decorate everything with the prepared sauce then add croutons and chopped almonds. Serve immediately.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the fridge and eat within a day.
lot of love. B.