This mixed salad is super crunchy and delicious thanks to the yogurt, mustard and honey dressing. It is a yummy side dish full of fresh vegetables. Crispy veggies such as radishes and carrots are mixed with chopped broccoli and peanuts which, together with the sauce, create an excellent side dish for meat and fish but also to garnish tacos, wraps, burgers or hot dogs.
Crunchy mixed salad with yogurt, mustard and honey dressing
- 1 not too big broccoli (only the florets)
- 2 medium carrots
- 5 radishes
- 1 handful of peanuts or almonds (unsalted)
- 150 ml plain or greek yogurt
- green part of the spring onion (optional)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- chili powder or flakes
- salt to taste
Instructions crunchy mixed salad with yogurt, mustard and honey dressing
- First prepare your broccoli. You can prepare them in two ways. Divide them into florets, cook in salted water for a maximum of 2 minutes, then drain, place in the robot with the blades (or use a sharp knife) and chop until they become the size of grains of rice. Or chop them raw and then sauté them in a pan with a drizzle of oil for 2 – 3 minutes. We don't have to cook the broccoli completely but just soften them slightly. You can also use them completely raw but make sure you like their particular texture and that you digest them well.
- In a small bowl, mix the dijon mustard with the honey and apple cider vinegar. Add the yogurt and stir. Wait for two minutes to mix the flavors and then stir again, taste and adjust with more honey, vinegar or mustard if necessary.
- In a salad bowl, combine the now cooled broccoli and a handful of unsalted peanuts. You can also use pumpkin seeds, almonds or sunflower seeds. Add the radishes cut into very thin slices (using a mandolin or a sharp knife) and grated carrots on a grater with large holes. Add the prepared sauce and, if you like, a sprinkling of chilli powder or flakes and a few pieces of chopped green onion.
- Mix everything, then put it in the fridge and let all the ingredients blend well for at least half an hour. Before serving, taste and adjust with more salt if necessary.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the fridge and consume within two days.
lot of love. B.