With summer heat there is nothing better than a nice fresh and light side dish, so today I decided to prepare this simple avocado, tomato, mozzarella salad with delicious pesto sauce. This salad is truly made in 5 – 8 minutes and with just a few fresh and colorful ingredients. The secret ingredient is the dressing prepared with basil pesto mixed with lemon juice, lemon zest and some honey. These ingredients create a rich, creamy sauce with a fantastic citrus aftertaste that goes so well with the rest of the ingredients. Serve it as a quick and easy side dish for a lunch break, during family barbecues or summer dinners with friends.
Avocado, mozzarella and tomato salad with pesto dressing
- 2 ripe avocados
- 8-10 small tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 150 g of mozzarella balls (drained)
- 8-10 basil leaves
- 0,5 organic lemon (only the juice)
- 0,5 organic lemon (only the zest) (optional)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 0,5 tsp of salt
- 2 generous tbsp of basil pesto
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 handful of almonds or pine nuts or walnuts
Instructions avocado, mozzarella and tomato salad with pesto dressing
- In a bowl, mix extra virgin olive oil with half a teaspoon of honey and lemon juice. Add half a teaspoon of salt and store bought pesto sauce. If you like the citrus flavor, add lemon zest from half a lemon. Mix well to blend the ingredients and make the sauce free from lumps.
- Now add the tomatoes cut in half or if they are bigger in quarters. Also add diced ripe avocado and mozzarella balls. Now add torn fresh basil leaves.
- Mix everything gently so as not to release the juice from the tomatoes. Taste and adjust with more salt or lemon juice if necessary. Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately with chopped almonds for extra crunch.
Store in the refrigerator and consume within a day.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another light and fresh recipe try my Greek yogurt and dill cucumber salad (photo below).
Note from the author of this recipe
I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^