Today’s recipe is a rich, healthy and delicious quinoa salad with spicy pumpkin seeds and fresh baby spinach. The spiciness of pumpkin seeds cooked in the oven along with carrots covered with sweet paprika is balanced with the sweetness of honey and the acidity of lemon juice. Fresh and flavorful, nutrient-packed and super delicious quinoa salad. A must try.
Baby spinach and quinoa salad with spicy pumpkin seeds
- 80 g light quinoa I used quinoa made by Bartolini
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 g carrots 2 medium carrots
- 0.5 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil I used Bartolini brand
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 60 g pumpkin seeds
- 0.5 tsp or more ground chili pepper
- 0.5 tsp ground cumin seeds optional
- 0.5 tbsp honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 g baby spinach
- 0.5 tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 lemon only the juice
Instructions: Baby spinach and quinoa salad with spicy pumpkin seeds
- For this recipe I used olive oil and light quinoa produced by Bartolini.
- Boil one liter of water together with a pinch of salt. Add previously rinsed quinoa and cook following the instructions on the package (10 minutes for me) then drain and let it cool down completely.
- In a small bowl mix diced carrots with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper and sweet paprika powder.
- In the second bowl stir pumpkin seeds with honey, a pinch of salt, cumin powder and chili powder (I used half a teaspoon of rather spicy chili powder, you can adjust the amount according to the strength of your spice).
- Move both carrots and pumpkin seeds onto a baking tray. Separate 2 ingredients from each other and bake in a preheated static oven at 190 °C for 10 minutes. Once baked take them out of the oven and let them cool down completely. I advise you to let the seeds cool down not over the baking tray otherwise they will stick on it (as happened to me :D)
- Combine pumpkin seeds, cooked quinoa, carrots and baby spinach.
- Add half a tablespoon of olive oil and the juice of half a lemon. Mix well and serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another warm winter salad try my Warm lentil salad with roasted vegetables and pomegranate.
This recipe was born thanks to the collaboration with Bartolini. This Italian company that produces high quality food products: extra virgin olive oil, pasta, legumes and cereals, polenta and flour.