Red cabbage coleslaw is a cabbage salad of American origins. An easy and tasty vegetable side dish, perfect with grilled meat or fish. This version uses red cabbage together with grated apple and some honey to add some sweetness to this slaw.
Red cabbage and apple coleslaw
- 0.5 red cabbage
- 0.5 white or red onion
- 0.5 big apple
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of apple vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions: Red cabbage and apple coleslaw
- Remove the outer leaves of the cabbage and cut the rest into thin slices. In a large bowl, combine cabbage, sliced onion, grated apple and carrot. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
- Place your coleslaw in the fridge for at least half an hour so that the cabbage becomes softer and to let the flavors blend.. Taste and adjust with salt if necessary.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like red cabbage recipes maybe you should also check my Red cabbage braised with red wine.