These oven roasted veggie fries are a healthy and yummy side dish. An easy way to get your kids eat some more veggies. The use of starch creates a crispy layer on the vegetables and the addition of fresh herbs make them even more fragrant.
Oven roasted veggie fries
- 3 small potatoes
- 5 small carrots
- 5 small parsley roots
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 tbsp or more corn or potato starch
- 2 tbsp or more extra virgin olive oil
- fresh herbs of your choice I used thyme
- salt to taste
Instructions: Oven roasted veggie fries
- Prepare your vegetables. Clean and peel the potatoes, carrots and parsley roots. Discard the tips from the zucchini. Cut the vegetables into sticks and dry them gently with paper towels to remove some moisture.
- Place the vegetables in a bowl and add potato (or corn) starch. Toss to completely cover your veggies with the starch.
- Add oil, herbs and salt (I used fresh thyme and half a teaspoon of salt) and toss again.
- Preheat static oven to 200 ° – 220 °C. Place the vegetables on the baking tray lined with baking paper and bake until the potatoes are tender and slightly crispy about 20 – 30 minutes.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for a fun recipe that you can pair these chips with check my Sweet and spicy homemade pineapple chilli sauce.