Chickpea salad with avocado dressing
Quick and simple chickpea salad with and creamy avocado sauce. The avocado dressing is delicate but quite acidic thanks to the addition of orange (or lemon) juice and creates a perfect combination with the freshness of rocket salad and carrots. Pumpkin seeds add extra crunchiness while raisins give a sweet note. An easy and delicious side dish.
Easy and fun chickpea salad with creamy avocado sauce.
- 60 g rocket salad
- 1 can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1/2 (half) avocado
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 (half) garlic clove
- parsley leaves (I used 3 tsp frozen parsley)
- salt and pepper to taste
- some water (I used 1 tbsp)
- Instructions below.
- If you have any questions about this recipe contact me in the comments below or on my social channels. If you have tried this recipe and would like to evaluate it, press the stars above or let me know me why you didn’t like it in the comments.
Instructions chickpea salad
For the sauce. Put all the ingredients in a blender. Blend everything until it becomes smooth and creamy. Taste, adjust with salt and pepper if necessary. Add more water if you need a more liquid salad sauce. If you do not intend to use the sauce immediately store it in the refrigerator for a maximum of one day and mix well before serving.
Rinse and dry rocket salad. Peel carrots and cut them into julienne or very fine strips. Add pumpkin seeds and sliced raisins.
Add previously prepared avocado dressing, mix everything and serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you liked the avocado sauce recipe you can find it here with my photos: Creamy orange and avocado sauce