Quick and simple chickpea salad with and creamy avocado sauce. The avocado dressing is delicate but quite acidic thanks to the addition of orange (or lemon) juice and creates a perfect combination with the freshness of rocket salad and carrots. Pumpkin seeds add extra crunchiness while raisins give a sweet note. An easy and delicious side dish.
Chickpea salad with avocado dressing
- 60 g rocket salad
- 1 can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 garlic clove
- parsley leaves I used 3 tsp frozen parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- some water I used 1 tbsp
Instructions chickpea salad
- For the sauce. Put all the ingredients in a blender. Blend everything until it becomes smooth and creamy. Taste, adjust with salt and pepper if necessary. Add more water if you need a more liquid salad sauce. If you do not intend to use the sauce immediately store it in the refrigerator for a maximum of one day and mix well before serving.
- Rinse and dry rocket salad. Peel carrots and cut them into julienne or very fine strips. Add pumpkin seeds and sliced raisins.
- Add previously prepared avocado dressing, mix everything and serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you liked the avocado sauce recipe you can find it here with my photos: Creamy orange and avocado sauce