This delicious warm lentil salad is nutritious, healthy and full of flavor. It is garnished with pomegranate seeds that add a crunchiness and freshness into the dish. The sweet and sour sauce made with roasted garlic, honey and mustard adds a creamy and sweet note.
Warm lentil salad with roasted vegetables and pomegranate
- 0.5 cup brown lentils
- 1 sage leave
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 big pinch of salt
- 0.5 tbsp olive oil
- 230 g carrots
- 120 g daikon or radishes
- 3 galic clove
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 0.5 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 pinch salt
- pomegranate seeds to taste
Instructions: Warm lentil salad with roasted vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C.
- Cook the lentils in a pan with a few cups of water, a pinch of salt, bay leaf and a clove of garlic following the instructions on the box. Drain, add half a tablespoon of olive oil, stir and set aside.
- While you cook your lentils prepare carrots and daikon. Divide them both in smaller pieces or dice your radish if it is too big. Cover your vegetables with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and place on a baking sheet together with unpeeled garlic.
- Bake your carrots and daikon in the oven until they are tender and lightly browned for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce. Mix lemon juice with mustard and honey. Add a pinch of salt and as soon as the garlic is ready, squeeze it (it should be very soft) into the sauce. Stir well.
- Combine vegetables and lentils. Add prepared sauce and pomegranate seeds and serve immediately.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another easy recipe with legumes check my Sweet and savory giant white beans stew.
This recipe was born thanks to the collaboration with Bettini – a company that produces cereals, legumes and high quality organic products.