Pumpkin hummus is another version of classic chickpea hummus. This time I used pumpkin to give a little sweetness to one of my favorite side dishes. Pumpkin goes perfectly with chickpeas, paprika (both sweet and smoked) and the heat of the chili powder. If you do not have ready to use pumpkin puree no problem on foodohfood you can find recipe that tells you how to make homemade pumpkin puree.
Classic chickpea hummus with tahini and pumpkin puree.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 can chickpeas
- tahini to taste (I used 4 tsp)
- 0.5 lemon (only the juice)
- 1 tsp sweet or smoked paprika
- chili powder or cayenne pepper to taste
- some water
- pinch of salt
- olive oil to taste
- red pepper flakes for garnish (optional)
- Instructions below.
- If you have any questions about this recipe contact me in the comments below or on my social channels. If you have tried this recipe and would like to evaluate it, press the stars above or let me know me why you didn’t like it in the comments.
1 hour waiting time (optional).
Instructions: Pumpkin hummus
Place drained and rinsed chickpeas, tahini, pumpkin puree, lemon juice, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and a few tablespoons of water in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add a few tablespoons of water if you want a more liquid hummus.
Transfer to a bowl, pour over a few teaspoons of olive oil, add some red pepper flakes.
The hummus gets even better after a few hours.
lot of love. B.
p.s. if you like your chickpea hummus with blended vegetables check my Roasted beetroot chickpea hummus. (foto below)