These oven roasted stuffed bell peppers are a delicious and flavourful vegetarian dish. Colorful bell peppers contain the crunchiness of the bread mixed with capers, cheese, parsley and garlic. This union between sweet and salty amazes me with its deliciois balance.
Vegetarian oven roasted stuffed bellpeppers
- 2 bellpeppers
- 1 small roll or some slices of bread
- 2 tbsp grated pecorino cheese
- 1 small tomato
- 0.5 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp salted capers
- 2 springs of parsley
- pinch or more of salt
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Instructions: Vegetarian oven roasted stuffed bell peppers
- Wash and dry the peppers. Remove the stems, seeds and divide into 3 parts. Place them in a baking dish lightly greased with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Coarsely chop the bread and toast it in a frying pan without seasoning for 3 – 4 minutes. In a bowl stir toasted bread, grated pecorino cheese, capers (previously rinsed), chopped garlic and chopped parsley.
- Fill the peppers with the prepared mix. On each pepper place some pieces of diced tomato and sprinkle everything with a little olive oil.
- Pour in the pan 2 tablespoons of water and cook in preheated oven at 180° C for 30 minutes.
Serve warm or cold.
lot of love. B.
p.s. if you are looking for another super easy vegetarian recipe check my Tomato and butter intense pasta sauce.