Sun-dried tomatoes and broccoli rabe quick bread is a rustic savory recipe in the shape of a poundcake. It is a really easy recipe and it is prepared simply by mixing dry ingredients with the wet ones.
It is an fast and, above all, anti-waste recipe because to give more flavor to this bread I used the oil in which the sun-dried tomatoes are stored. This made it very fragrant and simply delicious.
You can use it as a homemade bread and accompany it with your favorite seasonal cheese. Or as a savory recipe to be served together with vegetable stews such as Italian ciambotta or caponata. It is perfect as a dinner saver accompanied by cream cheese and a nice salad! It is also an excellent idea for parties and buffets as well as for trips and picnics.
Sun-dried tomatoes and broccoli rabe quick bread
- 180 g cleaned and blanched broccoli rabe
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 dry or fresh chilli pepper
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 200 ml milk
- 65 ml oil from sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 40 g parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 80 g sun-dried tomatoes
- freshly ground pepper to taste
Instructions sun-dried tomatoes and broccoli rabe quick bread
- In a non-stick pan heat 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Add a clove of garlic, a dry or fresh chilli pepper and then previously cleaned and cooked, broccoli rabe. If you do not have broccoli rabe in your caountry you could use cooked broccoli even though it is not the same flavor. Cook everything for 5 minutes and then set them aside. Once they are at room temperature, chop them coarsely.
- In a bowl, mix eggs with milk and 65 ml of oil from store bought dried tomatoes in oil. Mix well.
- In the second bowl, sift 300 g of flour with baking powder and baking soda. Add finely grated Parmesan cheese and salt. Stir then add chopped dried tomatoes and the now cold broccoli rabe. Mix well to cover everything with flour.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Savory quick bread – baking time
- Add the liquids into the flour and stir briefly just to mix all the ingredients and have no visible traces of flour. Line a rectangular loaf pan with parchment paper. Pour the mixture and level it. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for 40 – 50 minutes. Bake until the toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Remove from the oven, let it cool, then take it out of the pan.
Enjoy it once at room temperature. The slices cut easily and the flavors are blended.
p.s. If you like very tasty savory pies I also recommend Italian Easter cheese bread – crescia al formaggio (photo below).