Today’s recipe is for a quick savory tart with a simple base prepared with flour, water and olive oil and a creamy filling with goat cheese and zucchini. The filling is enriched with chopped walnuts, thyme (or another type of herb) and lemon zest which adds a fresh yet very fragrant note. It is a savory pie perfect for different occasions such as outdoor lunch or a light dinner accompanied by a fresh mixed salad with seasonal vegetables.
Quick savory tart with zucchini and goat cheese
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60 ml olive oil
- 200 ml warm water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 medium zucchini
- 150 g creamy goat cheese
- zest from ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp plain or Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 handful chopped walnuts
- fresh thyme to taste
Quick savory tart with zucchini and goat cheese instructions
- In a bowl pour flour, add salt, sugar and baking powder. Add olive oil and warm water and start kneading.
- Knead the dough for several minutes until it becomes smooth. Let it rest at room temperature, covered with a cotton cloth for at least 10 minutes and in the meantime prepare the filling.
- Mix the soft goat cheese with the yogurt. Add salt and pepper and add the grated zest of half a lemon. Also add the fresh thyme to taste (I used leaves of a few twigs) and the coarsely chopped walnuts. Mix everything, taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Take your dough from the refrigerator and place it on top of a layer of baking paper. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough directly on the baking paper until a thickness of about a few millimeters. Arrange the cheese filling in the center, leaving a border of 3/4 cm, then cover with thinly sliced zucchini.
- Using the baking paper, fold the edges of the dough towards the center creating an edge. Sprinkle the zucchini with some olive oil and add a few more sprigs of fresh thyme. If you like, you can spread the edge of the savory tart with a some milk to make it more golden during baking.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for about 30 minutes. The baking time depends on how thin you have rolled out your dough. Once the tart is ready, take it out of the oven and let it cool completely before serving.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store at a room temperature and eat within 24 hours.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for more recipes for delicious savory tarts and pies check out my Puff pastry tart with creamy cheese filling and tomatoes (photo below) and Soft crustless zucchini pie (photo below).