Today I prepared for you a savory pie with the ingredients that most of us already have at home like zucchini, tomatoes, cream cheese and store bought puff pastry. I used the San Marzano tomatoes because in my opinion they are the best but any other firm tomato should be fine. This cake is simple and easy to prepare, it is also very tasty as the tomato goes perfectly with the flavor of the cheese and basil.
Savory pie with puff pastry, creamy filling with zucchini and San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 puff pastry sheet I used rectangle one
- 1 small zucchini
- 100 g cream cheese
- 6 or more fresh basil leaves
- 8 or more San Marzano tomatoes
- grated Parmesan cheese to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- dried oregano to taste
Instructions: Savory pie with puff pastry, creamy filling with zucchini and San Marzano tomatoes
- In a bowl mix the cream cheese, the zucchini previously grated on a grater with large holes, salt, pepper and chopped fresh basil leaves.
- Roll out the pastry on a baking sheet slightly smaller than the dough, covered with rectangular baking paper. Spread the cream cheese and zucchini evenly over the entire base of the pastry.
- Slice the tomatoes and place them evenly over the filling.
Note from the author of this recipe
- While you are preparing your savory pie I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be delighted and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
- Cover the pastry with a layer of grated Parmesan cheese and fold the pastry to create a small edge.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200° C for 20 minutes. Bake until the pastry and the cheese will not get golden brown. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with a large pinch of dried oregano and garnish with more fresh basil leaves.
Serve both hot and cold.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love easy puff pastry pies you should also check my Puff pastry asparagus and mushroom tart (foto below).