This savory spinach and cheese quick bread is soft and rustic to be eaten by itself or with, for example, a tomato salad.
Savory spinach quick bread
Quick and easy savory spinach quick bread recipe.
- 500 g fresh spinach
- 1 small onion
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 130 g mild cheddar cheese
- 70 g Pecorino cheese
- 100 g butter
- 8 g baking powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Instructions: Savory spinach quick bread
- Wash the spinach and blanch it in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside until it is warm. With your hands squeeze the spinach to remove excess water then chop roughly.
- In a pan, cook chopped onion with a tablespoon of butter until soft. Add spinach and a pinch of salt and cook over medium low heat for 5-7 minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the rest of the previously melted butter.
- Add sifted flour with the baking powder. Add the grated pecorino cheese and pepper.
- Add cheddar cubes and spinach with onion and stir to mix everything.
- Pour the butter into a loaf tin or plumcake tin (it is a bit smaller) previously lined with baking paper.
- Cover the tin with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven at 200 ° C for about 50 minutes. Uncover, lower the temperature to 180 ° C (356° F) and cook for 25 – 30 minutes until it becomes golden on top. Remove from the oven, let it cool slightly and serve sliced, both hot or cold.
The nutritional values are generated automatically for indicative purposes only and are therefore not completely accurate.
Serving: 1loafCalories: 123kcal
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
lot of love. B.