Mashed potato and three cheese casserole is a tasty potato cake casserole different from the usual ones due to the addition of mashed cauliflower. Delicate, creamy, and full of flavour thanks to the combination of cream cheese, grated Parmesan cheese and Cheddar. A hearty vegetable main dish.
Mashed potato, cauliflower and three cheese casserole
- 500 g potato
- 600 g cauliflower
- 70 g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- 2 medium eggs
- 50 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 100 g cheese of your choice I used Cheddar
- salt and pepper to taste
- some olive oil for the casserole
Instructions: Mashed potato, cauliflower and three cheese casserole
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small pieces. Divide the cauliflower into florets. Boil the cauliflower along with the potatoes in salted water until soft.
- Mash the still hot potatoes and cauliflower. Let it cool slightly. Add the flour, eggs, Philadelphia cheese (or another type of cream cheese), grated Parmesan cheese and another type of cheese previously cut into cubes. Stir well and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture into a baking casserole (lightly greased with some olive oil) or in a baking pan covered with parchment paper. Level out the mixture and add some grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, let it cool for a couple of minutes and serve the potate cake while still hot.
lot of love. B.