Baked mashed potatoes with white bean puree is a vegetarian recipe full of vegetable proteins and made with a few simple ingredients. Quick and easy meal. Perfect with grilled vegetables or a mixed salad.
Baked mashed potatoes with white bean puree
- 600 g potatoes
- 1 can of white beans I use cannelloni beans
- 2 eggs
- 80 g of grated Parmesan cheese
- breadcrumbs to taste
- few fresh sage leaves
- 0.5 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
Instructions: Baked mashed potatoes with white bean puree
- Clean and peel the potatoes. Cook them in lightly salted boiling water until soft then drain.
- Mash hot potatoes with a potato masher. Drain the beans and blend with a immersion blender or stand mixer. In a bowl put together the vegetables and the bean paste, cheese (Set aside 1 tablespoon), eggs, marjoram and thyme, salt and pepper. Mix everything and set aside.
- Lightly oil a baking dish or roasting pan and sprinkle with some breadcrumbs or polenta. Pour the mixture into the dish and level it. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and a tablespoon of grated cheese.
- Preheat oven to 200° C. Bake for about 30 minutes until it becomes slightly golden. Let it rest for 5 minutes then serve warm with a mixed salad or grilled vegetables of your choice.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another easy recipe with beans check my Spicy red bean spread.