Curry with lentils and coconut milk
This Indian style curry uses spices like turmeric and ginger, to name a few, to create perfect combination with lentils and coconut milk. This full of bold flavours vegan dish is perfect served with rice or Indian bread. A delicious recipe for naan can be found here.
Creamy and intense curry with lentils and coconut milk.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 piece (5 cm) fresh ginger
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 100 g decorative red lentils
- 110 g brown lentils
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 tsp (or more) salt
- 4 cup water
- 0.5 tsp chili powder or cayenne pepper
- 200 ml coconut milk
- parsley to taste
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes
- Instructions below.
- If you have any questions about this recipe contact me in the comments below or on my social channels. If you have tried this recipe and would like to evaluate it, press the stars above or let me know me why you didn’t like it in the comments.
Instructions: Curry with lentils and coconut milk
In a large skillet heat the oil. Add minced ginger, minced garlic, coriander and cumin seeds. Cook for about 1 minute, being careful not to burn the spices.
Add 2 types of lentils, turmeric and the tomatoes with the juices then stir.
Add 4 cups of water, salt and pepper and stir. Cook for 40 minutes at medium-high heat, or until the lentils are tender. If necessary add more water.
Turn off the heat. Add the coconut milk and stir.
Taste and adjust with salt if necessary. Add a handful of fresh tomatoes, previously cut in half, and a handful of chopped parsley and serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love Indian style dishes with bold flavors you should also check my Chana masala. (foto below)