Satisfy your appetite with these delicious vegetarian falafel burgers. So easy to prepare and much healthier when you can use natural ingredients that you already have at your home. These spicy chickpea burger are a delight for the palate and even if they are not equal to their meat “cousins” they are extremely tasty.
Falafel burgers – vegetarian burgers
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp chopped italian parsley
- 0.5 tsp cumin
- 0.5 tsp ground coriander
- 0.5 tsp smoked paprika or sweet paprika
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 0.25 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- olive oil for the pan
Instructions: Falafel burgers – vegetarian hamburgers
- In a food processor place the previously drained chickpeas, parsley, lemon juice, one garlicclove, all the spices, salt, pepper and baking soda.
- Blend all the ingredients to reduce the mix to a pulp. Scrap the blender sides more than once and blend again.
- Divide the chickpeas mixture into balls (if you have a problem handling the dough with ease, place it in the fridge for half an hour). With your hands form every ball into a hamburger patty. Put aside and continue until you have finished all the dough.
- Heat a large skillet over medium – high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and swirl to coat the whole pan. Carefully add 2 falafel burgers and cook until the bottom surfaces are browned and crisp, about 6 – 8 minutes. Flip the burgers and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove the falafel on a plate and repeat by adding more oil and another raw patty.
- Assemble your veggie burgers by filling the hamburger buns with falafel, sauces of your choice, some salad leaves and freshly sliced tomatoes.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for recipe for burger buns check my Homemade hamburger buns.