Fish tacos – spiced hake, sweet and sour garnish and yogurt sauce
These spiced hake fish tacos are rich in flavors and aromas. The fish cooked together with spices such as chili powder, oregano and cumin becomes fragrant and tasty. They are enriched with a mixed sweet and sour salad of raw vegetables and pineapple while the yogurt sauce makes them particularly delicious and inviting.
Homemade fish tacos with spiced hake, sweet and sour salad and yogurt sauce
- 300 g hake fish (I used frozen hake)
- 0.5 tsp (or more) chili powder
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 0.5 tsp ground cumin
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp (or more) olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 0.5 red onion
- 6 cherry tomatos or 1 medium tomato
- 1 slice (about 2 cm high) fresh pineapple
- 1 lime or lemon (only the juice)
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 pinch salt
- 0.5 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 4 flour tortillas or Italian piada about 20 cm wide
- rocket salad for garnish
- Instructions below.
- If you have any questions about this recipe contact me in the comments below or on my social channels. If you have tried this recipe and would like to evaluate it, press the stars above or let me know me why you didn’t like it in the comments.
1 hour waiting time.
Istruzioni: Fish tacos – spiced hake, sweet and sour garnish and yogurt sauce
Mix oil, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, oregano and chili powder. Add fresh or drained fish, stir well to coat and leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Meanwhile, prepare yogurt sauce by stiring together yogurt, mayonese, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
To prepare the vegetables and pineapple dressing, wash and pat dry your vegetables. Cut tomatoes and bell pepper in half and using a teaspoon remove the inner seeds and filaments. Cut all your vegetables and pineapple into small cubes. Mix everything, add lime juice, a big pinch of salt and mix again.
Cook your fish together with the mixture of spices on a non-stick pan adding more olive oil if necessary until the fish is completely cooked but not too dry. Once cooked use two forks to shred your fish and then set it aside.
Heat up your flour tortillas or Italian piadina in a dry pan. For this amount of fish and seasoning I used 4 Italian piadelle that are about 20 cm wide.
Stuff them with some rocket salad and raw sweet and sour vegetable salad. Add cooked fish and garnish everything with prepared sauce and then serve immediately.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another super easy fish recipe try my Sea bream with lemon and coriander. (foto below)