Easy and quick to prepare cod burger with fresh cucumber and a slightly spicy sauce with lime juice and cayenne pepper. Delicious and simple fish burger recipe.
Cod burger with spicy sauce and cucumber
- 400 g fresh or thawed cod fillets
- 0.5 tsp or more salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 0.5 tsp turmeric
- 0.5 tsp paprika
- 1 small egg
- 30 g breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- bead slices I used sourdough whole wheat bread
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 tbsp or more mayonnaise
- 0.5 tbsp or more ketchup
- 0.5 lime or lemon only the juice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper or chili powder
Instructions: Cod burger with spicy sauce and cucumber
- Create the sauce by mixing the mayonnaise with ketchup, lime juice and chili powder or cayenne pepper. Taste, adjust with more spice and set aside.
- Using the fork or hands divide the cod fillets into smaller pieces. Add salt, pepper, turmeric and paprika and mix well.
- Add the egg and breadcrumbs and mix again. If necessary add some breadcrumbs, the patty should be easy to handle but not too dry.
- Create about 4 – 6 burgers and cook on medium heat, in a lightly grased non-stick frying pan, for about 6 – 8 minutes on each side (depends on how thick your fish burgers are).
- To assemble the burger: spread the previously prepared sauce on the bread, add the cod burger and and freshly peeled, thinly sliced cucumber. If necessary, sprinkle cucumbers with a pinch of salt and then serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love fish and seafood check my Pasta with beans and mussels recipe.