Cod burger with spicy sauce and cucumber
Easy and quick to prepare cod burger with fresh cucumber and a slightly spicy sauce with lime juice and cayenne pepper. Delicious and simple fish burger recipe.
Homemade fish burger - Cod burger with spicy sauce and cucumber.
- 400 g fresh or thawed cod fillets
- 0.5 tsp (or more) salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 0.5 tsp turmeric
- 0.5 tsp paprika
- 1 small egg
- 30 g breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- bead slices (I used sourdough whole wheat bread)
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 tbsp (or more) mayonnaise
- 0.5 tbsp (or more) ketchup
- 0.5 lime or lemon (only the juice)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper or chili powder
- Instructions below.
- If you have any questions about this recipe contact me in the comments below or on my social channels. If you have tried this recipe and would like to evaluate it, press the stars above or let me know me why you didn’t like it in the comments.
Instructions: Cod burger with spicy sauce and cucumber
Create the sauce by mixing the mayonnaise with ketchup, lime juice and chili powder or cayenne pepper. Taste, adjust with more spice and set aside.
Using the fork or hands divide the cod fillets into smaller pieces. Add salt, pepper, turmeric and paprika and mix well.
Add the egg and breadcrumbs and mix again. If necessary add some breadcrumbs, the patty should be easy to handle but not too dry.
Create about 4 – 6 burgers and cook on medium heat, in a lightly grased non-stick frying pan, for about 6 – 8 minutes on each side (depends on how thick your fish burgers are).
To assemble the burger: spread the previously prepared sauce on the bread, add the cod burger and and freshly peeled, thinly sliced cucumber. If necessary, sprinkle cucumbers with a pinch of salt and then serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love fish and seafood check my Pasta with beans and mussels recipe.