Grilled sardines with potatoes and chimichurri
This tasty fish dish is a perfect combination of crispy baked potatoes and oven grilled sardines, laid on a bed of fresh spinach and topped with fresh chimichurri salsa. On this site you will find a recipe for homemade Chimichurri sauce.
Grilled sardines with potatoes and chimichurri. Grilled sardines recipe.
- 6 (or more) small sardines
- pinch (or more) sallt and pepper
- 1 tbsp (or more) extra virgin olive oil
- 8 small potatoes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch (or more) salt and pepper
- 1 handful fresh baby spinach
- 0.5 cup chimichurri sauce
- Instructions below. If you have any questions about this recipe contact me in the comments below or on my social channels. If you have tried this recipe and would like to evaluate it, press the stars above or let me know me why you didn’t like it in the comments.
Instructions: Grilled sardines with potatoes and chimichurri
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Place the baking tray in the oven and let it warm up slightly for a few minutes.
Prepare the sardines. I found some very very small sardines and their cleaning requires slightly more time than larger ones.
Cut off fish heads. Eliminate the innards without damaging the flesh of the fish. Rinse well. To fillet sardines you must open the sides of the belly toward the plate and then gently press along the spine of the fish. This way the bones will come off slowly from the meat. Discard the spine and bones. Spread the fish with olive oil, salt and pepper and add lemon juice. Set aside.
Clean and peel 8 small potatoes and cut them in half. Very carefully take the pan from the oven. Helping yourself with one of the potatoes quickly spread the pan with 1 tablespoon of oil. Put the rest of the potatoes on the pan. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and sprinkle with remaining oil. Bake for 20 minutes at 180 °. Once cooked remove from the oven and arrange on a plate.
Preheat the grill in your oven. Place sardines on a baking tray, slightly greased with olive oil and put it directly under the grill. Depending on the size of your sardines cook 3 – 4 minutes (mine were cooked in just 2 – 3 minutes).
Put some fresh baby spinach leaves over the potatoes. Add the sardines and season everything with the chimichurri sauce. Serve immediately.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another fish recipe check my Steamed cod with romanesco broccoli puree and olive oil sauce.