These delicious scrambled eggs muffins are just small frittatas with bell peppers and spinach that are quick and easy to prepare.
Scrambled eggs muffins
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 4 eggs
- 60 ml milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 0.5 tsp cumin
- olive oil
- grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions: Scrambled eggs muffins
- Blanch the spinach in salted boiling water for 1 – 2 minutes. Drain, allow to cool and squeeze to remove excess water then chop coarsely.
- Clean, dry and remove stalks and seeds from bell bepper. Cut the pepper into small pieces. Heat a frying pan, add a little amount of oil, cumin seeds and bell pepper. Add salt and cook for about 15 minutes. Put softened vegetable aside and let it cool down.
- Whisk eggs with milk in a bowl. Add salt and pepper, cooked bell pepper and chooped spinach then stir.
- Grease the muffin pan with some oil and pour the egg and vegetable mixture into each hole in the pan (I made 6 in all) then add a teaspoon of grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Cook for about 20 minutes in the preheated static oven at 180 °C.
Lightly cool before taking out from the pan. Serve both hot and cold.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another delicious recipe with eggs and bell peppers check my Shakshuka – middle eastern egg dish. (foto below)