Black rice, tuna and avocado salad is a light, tasty and very aromatic dish thanks to the addition of green olives and a lot of lemon zest. It is a fresh and different idea for a rice salad to take to work in a lunch box or to be served as a light cold appetizer.
The idea for this salad I stole directly from my friend Anna who served it during a summer dinner. Together with a nice cheese platter, chickpea hummus, crispy bruschetta and good wine it is an excellent proposal for a delicious evening with relatives or friends.
Black rice, tuna and avocado salad
- 200 g uncooked black rice
- some olive oil
- 150 g canned tuna (drained weight)
- 2 small avocado
- 1 organic lemon (only the zest)
- 10-15 olives in brine
Instructions black rice, tuna and avocado salad
- Wash your rice in cold water then soak it for 10 minutes to reduce the cooking time. Drain and cook in abundant salted water following the instructions on the box. Once cooked, drain and let it cool down completely.
- In a large salad bowl pour the rice. Add a drop of olive oil and lemon zest. Mix well, then add drained tuna, some sliced green olives in brine and diced ripe avocado. Stir again and serve immediately or let it rest for 10 minutes to let all the flavours blend.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the refrigerator and eat within a day.
lot of love. B.