This vinaigrette with lemon, honey and the green part of spring onions (or plain onions) is incredibly easy to make and super delicious! Its flavor is a mix of sour, sweet and slightly spicy, I would say almost sparkling thanks to the fresh aftertaste of the spring onion. It is a perfect sauce for dressing mixed vegetable salads or salads with egg, potatoes or tuna. It’s a good way to use the green part of onions for an excellent no-waste recipe.
Green onion vinaigrette with lemon and honey
- ½ cup olive oil
- 8 large green pieces of spring onion
- 1 lemon only the juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp ground coriander or cumin or paprika or thyme or other type of spice (optional, I udes coriander and cumin)
Instructions green onion vinaigrette with lemon and honey
- Place green parts of the spring onion in a small blender. Add olive oil and lemon juice, then blend. Now add a pinch of salt, honey and if you like spices of your choice. You can use different types of spices (alone or mixed) such as coriander, cumin, hot pepper, thyme, curry or simply black pepper.
- Blend everything until the sauce becomes smooth. Taste and adjust with more salt, honey or lemon juice if necessary. Pour into small bowl and serve.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the refrigerator for 3 – 4 days. The sauce may separate into several layers so stir it each time before using.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other delicious sauces, check out my Lemon white sauce for fish and vegetables (photo below) or Mint and parsley sauce for meat, fish and vegetables (photo below).