This very creamy champignon mushroom sauce is super simple, very flavorful and can be made all year round. It is a sauce with cream that makes it rich and velvety. It is perfect as an addition to baked vegetables, mashed potatoes, pasta or cereals such as buckwheat. For those who love meat I recommend it with chicken, pork fillet or roast. To make it very fragrant and tasty, just follow a couple of directions to make the mushrooms rich in flavor and almost caramelized.
Creamy champignon mushroom sauce
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp butter
- 340 g champignon mushrooms (cleaned)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼-½ tsp dried thyme
- 220 ml vegetable broth (about)
- 100 ml cream
- ½-1 tbsp corn starch
Preparation of creamy mushroom sauce
- Clean the mushrooms with a damp paper towel and cut them into thin slices. Also chop the onion.
- Take a fairly large pan. Melt the butter and add the onion. Cook over medium-low heat until the onion becomes soft and slightly translucent.
- Now move the onion to the edge of the pan. Add sliced mushrooms and raise the heat a little. Cook the mushrooms without moving them for a couple of minutes. As soon as you see that they turn golden on one side, add salt and pepper and stir and cook further.
- Add a crushed clove of garlic and dried thyme. Stir and raise the heat. Cook the mushrooms until they stop releasing their water and get brown.
- Take 50 ml of broth and mix it with the starch. The amount of starch used depends on how thick you prefer your sauce. Set aside.
- Add almost all the remaining broth (about 80%) and mix well. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook for a couple of minutes. Now add the cream, mix and cook again to make it more thick.
- Lower the heat and add the broth mixed with the starch. Stir carefully to thicken the sauce. If necessary, add more broth that you have set aside. Taste and adjust with more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Before serving, sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
To be kept in the refrigerator and eat within a couple of days. If the sauce becomes too thick, just add some water, broth or mascarpone cheese or Greek yogurt.
lot of love. B.