This roasted tomato salsa is spicy, smoky, fresh and tasty. This sauce is perfect with fries, sandwiches, and crunchy snacks. A healthy homemade version of a tex-mex store bought salsa.
Roasted tomato salsa
- 500 g of small tomatoes I used Piccadilly tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chili pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp or more lime or lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
Instructions: Roasted tomato salsa
- Rinse the tomatoes. Cut them in half and remove the seeds using a teaspoon. Place the tomatoes (skin up), garlic and coarsely chopped onion on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Preheat the broiler in your oven. Broil the tomatoes (insert the pan directly under the broiler) until the skins begin to blacken (about 5 – 7 minutes).
- Transfer the vegetables into a blender, add salt and fresh chili peper to taste, then blend into a smooth puree. Transfer in a heatproof bowl and let cool down at room temperature.
- Add the lime juice, taste and season with more salt or lime juice if necessary. Store in refrigerator for up to 4 days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love tomatoes in every recipe you should check my Easy and delicious tomato soup.