How about a quick and easy way to create meringue decorations for your Christmas cakes and other occasions? These meringues bake when the oven is turned off (after reaching 180 °C) so you can prepare them even when you’re not at home or when you are asleep so you can use them the next morning.
Super easy meringue decorations for cakes
- 1 egg white
- 0.5 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pinch of cream of tartar
Instructions: Super easy meringue decorations for cakes
- Put an egg white in a bowl and begin to beat it with electric mixer using medium speed. Soon as the first foam appears add a pinch of cream of tartar and continue beating.
- Increase the speed of the mixer and begin to add, a tablespoon at a time, the icing sugar. Beat the egg white until stiff, the mixture should be shiny and fluffy.
- Now pour the mixture into a pastry bag with a decorating tip of your choice and create your decorations on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Use the toothpicks if you want to create some decorations that have to stand in vertical way on your cake.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. As soon as the oven reaches that temperature switch it off, place the pan with your meringues into the oven and close it. The meringues will dry slowly while the oven temperature is getting low. Once ready gently take them from the parchment paper and use.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for an amazing Christmas layered cake check my Rosmary and cinnamon cake.