This plum and cocoa jam is thick, creamy and full of flavor. A delicious fruit jam, perfect for breakfast or as a snack. It is excellent with pancakes, toasts with butter, brioche, waffles and for filling in cakes. It is worth preparing a few extra jars to enjoy it all winter.
This jam is:
- intense and rich
Plum and cocoa jam
- 1 kg plums
- 120 g or more sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract optional
- 60 g dark cocoa powder
Instructions: Plum and cocoa jam
- Combine pitted plums, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla in a saucepan and stir.
- Turn on the flame, cover the pot with a lid and cook on medium low heat until the plums release their juices and begin to dissolve. Once the pot is full of juice, turn off the flame and blend the mixture until smooth by using a stand mixer or an immersion blender.
- If you prefer your jam to be very smooth then I suggest you to cool the mixture down a little and pass it through a very thick sieve while pressing the fruit pulp. Discard the skins and adjust with more sugar if necessary.
- Put the plum jam back into the pot. Turn on the flame and cook on medium – low heat, stirring often, for 45 minutes – 1 hour. To check if the jam is ready just put one drop of marmalade on a plate that you have put ina a freezer for 10 minutes. If the drop becomes dense in a short time then the marmalade is ready.
Transfer boiling hot marmalade to sterile, airtight containers. Close the lid and turn the jars upside down to create the vacuum effect. It can be kept opened in the fridge for about a week.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking fro another autumn preserve maybe you will like my Sugar free applesauce.