This apple and pumpkin spread embodies flavours and scents of autumn. It is sweet and fragrant thanks to the brown sugar and cinnamon. It is perfect with pancakes, waffles, cakes and it’s excellent as a garnish for savory dishes. You should absolutelly try it with cheese plate as an appetizer with friends.
Apple and pumpkin spread
- 250 g pumpkin puree
- 4 medium apples not too sweet
- 3 tbsp or more brown sugar
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 lemon (only the zest)
Instructions apple and pumpkin spread
- For this recipe I used medium sweet apples and butternut pumpkin, Peel, core and roughly chop the apples. Stir together fruit, sugar, spices and zest in a heavy bottom pan.
- Cover the pan and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the apples are soft, about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and using a stand blender or immersion blender, puree the mixture until smooth. Return it to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, about 15 – 20 minutes until it has thickened.
Transfer boiling hot spread to sterile, airtight containers. Close the lid and turn the jars upside down to create the vacuum effect. You can also let cool completely and refrigerate up to 5 days or freeze up to 3 months.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some amazing recipe with pumpkin you should check my Banana, coconut and pineapple jam.