This champignon mushroom soup is rich, warm, dense and creamy. It is a perfect soup for the first cold days of autumn to be enjoyed with some crunchy croutons or a slice of sourdough bread, olive oil and salt. I was inspired by a traditional Hungarian mushroom soup where strong flavors such as thyme and paprika match perfectly with the rustic mushroom flavor. The addition of white wine, cream and lemon juice may seem unusual but I assure you it is an absolutely delicious.
Creamy and dense mushroom soup
- 3-4 tbsp butter
- 1 big onion
- 550 g champignon mushroom
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup white vine
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- salt to taste
- 240 ml milk
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp cream
- chopped parsley
Instructions creamy and dense mushroom soup
- Melt butter in a pan. Add sliced onions and the cleaned and sliced mushrooms. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring a little for 10 – 15 minutes until the mushrooms release their water, begin to brown and the onion becomes soft.
- Add dried thyme and paprika. Stir, cook for a minute and then deglaze the pan by adding the wine first and after a minute the vegetable broth and soy sauce. Cook over low heat until the liquid halves the volume.
- Mix the milk well with the flour. Pour into the boiling soup and mix well. Cook the soup for another 3 – 5 minutes until it thickens. Taste and season with salt if necessary.
- Turn off the flame. Add the lemon juice and cream and mix. Serve immediately sprinkled with chopped parsley or a drizzle of raw olive oil.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the refrigerator and eat within 24 hours.
lot of love. B