Simple yet fantastic savory crepes with buckwheat flour and beer. An union of particular flavors between the delicate bitter taste of beer and the nutty aftertaste of buckwheat flour. Perfect with savory fillings such as creamy goat cheese or grilled vegetables.
Beer and buckwheat flour crepes
- 220 g buckwheat flour
- 1 medium egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 300 ml beer I used Italian lager beer Kbirr Natavot
- 0.5 cup water
Instructions: Beer and buckwheat flour crepes
- For this recipe I used Italian lager beer by KBirr – Natavot. This beer has the intense yet velvety flavor, perfect for this type of preparation.
- Mix buckwheat flour, beer and egg. Gradually stir in a 0,5 cup of water. The batter should have rather liquid consistency. Cover the bowl with a cotton cloth and set aside for at least half an hour.
- Preheat the frying pan. If necessary grease lightly with oil (depending on the type of the pan) and helping yourself with a ladle pour the batter on the pan. Swirl and tilt the pan to create a thin, even layer. Cook the crepes on a high flame on both sides.
- Continue in this way until all the batter is finished. Fill to your liking and serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love recipes with buckwheat check my Buckwheat with sun-dried tomatoes. (foto below)