Simple and delicious savory crepes with smoked cheese. The use of smoked cheese in the batter makes them fragrant and tasty while the goat cream cheese adds a soft and delicate filling.
Savory smoked cheese crepes
- 360 ml milk
- 70 g smoked cheese I used smoked scamorza
- 2 eggs
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 0.5 tsp or less salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 0.5 tsp sugar
- soft goat cheese for the filling
Instructions: Savory smoked cheese crepes
- Heat the milk to the boiling point. Turn of the heat. Add grated smoked cheese and stir to melt it completely. Set aside to cool down.
- Add the eggs, sugar, salt, oil and mix. Finally, add flour and stir with a whisk to make a smooth batter. Do not overmix – that makes the crepes rubbery.
- Preheat the frying pan. If necessary grease lightly with oil (depending on the type of the pan) and helping yourself with a ladle pour the batter on the pan. Swirl and tilt the pan to create a thin, even layer. Cook the crepes until golden brown on both sides. Continue in this manner with the rest of the batter.
- Fill the crepes with some soft goat cheese. Fold two sides towards the center of crepes and then roll it.
Serve both hot or cold.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like stuffed savory crepes check my Wholemeal galettes – French savory crepes.