This recipe for Italian gnocchi with red chicory and creamy gorgonzola sauce is a very flavourful dish for those who love blue cheese. Bold flavours!
Gnocchi with red chicory and blue cheese
- 500 g of gnocchi
- 0.5 of a small red chicory
- 80 g Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 60 ml milk
Instructions: Gnocchi with red chicory and blue cheese
- Remove external leaves from red chicory and slice it into not too thick strips.
- In a saucepan, over low heat, melt gorgonzola with milk. Mix well to create a creamy sauce, turn off the heat and set aside.
- In a pan, sauté garlic with some oil. Add the chicory strips and stir fry for 30 seconds then add the gorgonzola sauce.
- Cook on low heat until the sauce becomes more dense. Do not overcook (the chicory becomes bitter), remove the garlic and set the sauce aside.
- Cook gnocchi in salted water according to instructions on the box. Drain and add to the sauce of gorgonzola and red chicory. Stir and serve hot.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for a milder recipe with homemade gnocchi check my Spinach and ricotta gnudi with brown butter sauce.