Sun-dried tomatoes, walnuts and lemon pesto is a simple, quick and delicious sauce for pasta. It can be prepared in a few minutes and is so full of flavor. Through the use of sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil you can prepare it all year. The addition of walnuts combines two types of pesto that are a perfect match together and the lemon zest gives it a touch of freshness.
Spaghetti with sun-dried tomatoes, walnuts and lemon pesto
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 8 or more walnuts
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- lemon zest to taste
- 100 g sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- extra virgin olive oil I used 3 tbsp
- salt and pepper to taste
- 300 g speghetti pasta
- capers optional
Instructions: Spaghetti with sun-dried tomatoes, walnuts and lemon pesto
- Cook the spaghetti al dente following the instructions on the box.
- Put the basil, garlic, grated Parmesan cheese, walnuts, drained sun-dried tomatoes and some lemon zest in a blender.
- Blend all the ingredients and gradually add the olive oil to get the desired consistency. Taste, regulate with salt and pepper and blend again.
- Pour the pesto over the cooked pasta and cook a minute in the pan. Add some capers and serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like this easy pasta recipe check my Pasta with roasted bell peppers (foto below).