If you love something hot and delicious for your breakfast this creamy porridge with banana, tahini and honey is for you. This porrdge becomes thick and smooth thanks to a slow cooking over low heat that ensures almost entirely dissolved oat flakes. The cream with tahini and honey adds a nutty and sweet taste that is perfect to be enjoyed with fruit such as banana. Recipe for a hot, tasty and healthy breakfast.
Creamy porridge with banana, tahini and honey
- 4 tablespoons of oat flakes
- 1 large cup of milk or vegetable drink + more milk for cooking
- 2 teaspoons of light tahini
- 2 teaspoons of honey or maple or agave syrup
- 1 banana
- sesame seeds optional
- yogurt optional
Instructions creamy porridge with banana, tahini and honey
- Pour the oat flakes into a pan and cover with the type of milk you prefer. You can use cow’s or goat’s milk, lactose-free milk or vegetable milk. Turn on the heat and cook on a very low heat, stirring often. To make your oatmeal creamy, you need to cook it like a risotto by adding more milk every time the porridge becomes too thick. As soon as the porridge becomes creamy, turn off the heat and pour it into a bowl.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by vigorously mixing the honey or the maple syrup together with the tahini. Use this sauce to garnish your porridge. Add the sliced banana and the lightly toasted sesame seeds in a pan.
If you like you can add a few tablespoons of yogurt and serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. P.S. If you love sweet porridge recipes check my Apple and caramel porridge (foto below).