Ricotta hotcakes without baking powder
These delicate ricotta hotcakes without baking powder are a great way to start your day. They do not contain baking powder but remain soft and fluffy due to the addition of beated egg whites.
Ricotta hotcakes – easy and simple pancakes with ricotta cheese.
- 2 eggs
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 125 ml milk
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- some lemon zest
Instructions: Ricotta hotcakes without baking powder
- Separate the yolks from the whites in two different bowls. Add a pinch of salt to the whites and beat them until stiff. Set aside.
- Add ricotta cheese, lemon zest, milk, and extra virgin olive oil to the yolks. Stir with a hand whisk (or electric mixer) until smooth.
- Add flour and whisk again.
- Pour the egg whites into the batter. Gently stir in with a spoon until the egg whites are incorporated.
- Heat the pan, grease it with a little olive oil and pour a few tablespoons of batter.
- Cook over medium – low heat and flip them so they are golden on both sides. Serve hot with a topping to your liking.
The nutritional values are generated automatically for indicative purposes only and are therefore not completely accurate.
Serving: 3personeCalories: 323kcal
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are not interested in hotcakes but you would like something fun and delicious for breakfast maybe you shoul try my Five spice waffles with fresh fruit.