Fresh strawberry milk is a simple, delicious and refreshing beverage that that I used to drink in my childhood. In Poland you can get strawberries later than in Italy but when they finally arrive the weather is warmer and the strawberries very sweet and juicy. As a child, I couldn’t wait to sip this delicious dessert that is at the same time a fruit smoothie. The preparation, as often happens with recipes from the past, is so simple that it is almost banal.
To prepare this milk with fruit, all you need is a bowl and a fork. The strawberries are crushed with a fork to release a lot of juice mixed with the pulp and then they are garnished with sugar and lemon juice. Next you add some diced strawberries and milk and it is ready. The whole drink is sweet, refreshing and delicious. You can enjoy it in two ways: first drink the milk with a straw and then eat the sweet part with a spoon or, as I did as a child, mix everything and drink the milk directly from the cup.
p.s. I recently found out that this type of drink is also called Korean-style fresh strawberry milk. What a surprise 😀
Fresh strawberry milk
- 200 g fresh strawberries
- 2 approximately tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- cow’s milk or plant-based alternative
- strawberries for the garnish
Fresh strawberry milk preparation
- Clean your strawberries under fresh running water, dry them and remove the leaves. Take a bowl and add your 200 g of strawberries. Now take the fork and crush the fruit. You don’t have to be super precise, you have to mash them until you get a lot of juice mixed with pieces of fruit.
- Now add 2 tablespoons of sugar and stir. The amount of sugar is completely personal. It depends not only on your taste but on the type of strawberries you use. If they use very ripe and sweet fruit, add less sugar. Instead if they are the first spring strawberries that have a lot of juice and less flavor then you need to make them more sweet.
- Add a teaspoon of lemon juice and stir. Put in the refrigerator to mix the flavours for an hour. This step is very complicated when you have children around who look at you with huge sparkly eyes and ask every 2 minutes: “is it done yet?”. 😀
- Take a few small bottles or glasses. Divide the prepared mix between the glasses. Now chop some strawberries and add some pieces on top of the prepared mix.
- Add the milk to the top of the glass. You can use cow’s milk or some plant-based alternative. This beverage is perfect with almond and even soy milk.
- If you prefer boiled milk, prepare it first and let it cool in the fridge.
Add a spoon or straw and serve.
lot of love. B.
Note from the author of this recipe
While you are preparing your smoothie I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be delighted and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^